Terms and conditions
Welcome to researchforindustry.ro (“The Website”) !
Researchforindustry is the only platform where Romanian and foreign businesses, scientists, entrepreneurs and technology transfer professionals may find information regarding collaboration, investment, and technology transfer opportunities in Romania. The Website offers a database with Romanian research labs (the “Research” section), a database with Romanian high-tech and medium-tech companies (the “Industry” section), as well as a knowledgebase (the “TTO” section) with information for supporting technology transfer activities in Romanian academic institutions such as research universities and research institutes, including those of the Romanian Academy.
- General provisions
These Terms represent a contract between you and Romanian Institute of Science and Technology (“RIST”, “We”), Str. Saturn nr. 24-26, Cluj-Napoca, Romania. These Terms and the relationship between you and RIST (including any dispute) shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Romania and shall be considered to have been made and accepted in Romania, without regard to conflict of law provisions. Except where our dispute is being resolved pursuant to an arbitration, you agree that any claim or dispute you may have against RIST must be resolved exclusively by the courts in Cluj-Napoca, Romania. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Cluj-Napoca, Romania, for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes.
After agreeing to these Terms and creating an account, RIST grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive License to use the Website for as long as it is provided by RIST, or until your account is closed or removed, according to these Terms. All rights not expressly granted by the foregoing License are reserved.
- Modifications of these Terms
We reserve the right to change the Terms under which the Website is offered.
These Terms may be modified at any time. Changes will be announced on the Website, and we may also inform you of changes at the email address you have provided to us. We will not be liable or responsible from any damage or loss arising from your inability to access or use the email address you have provided to us, and/or your inability to receive our notifications.
In the event of a change, you may choose to accept and agree with the new Terms, or to stop using the Website and remove your account immediately. By continuing to use the Website you signify that you have read and agreed to be bound by the new Terms.
- Use of the Website
Creating and Account is not necessary for general use of the Website, but it is necessary in order to submit updates, corrections and modifications to the data in the two databases (Research and Industry respectively).
The creation of an Account is subject to approval by RIST. For this purpose you and/or other members of your Institution may be contacted by phone or by email, in order to confirm your identity and the fact that you have been authorized to update, correct and modify the data referring to the respective Research Labs or Tech Companies. In creating the Account, you are alone responsible for using a distinct and non-obvious username and password combination, as well as for maintaining the accuracy, completeness and confidentiality of your Account information. You are alone responsible for all activities that occur under your account, including activities of others to whom you have provided your Account information. We are not liable or responsible for any damage or loss arising from your failure to provide us with accurate information or to keep your Account information secure. If you discover or suspect any unauthorized use of your Account information, you should immediately change your password and notify us at legal AT r4i DOT ro.
If we detect or have any reason to suspect that your Account has been compromised or that anyone has gained access to your private content or to your account, we reserve the right to close access to your account, and to inform you at the email address that you have provided us. In the event of closing access to your account for these reasons, or for any other reasons, we will not be liable or responsible from any damage or loss arising from your inability to receive, access or use the email address you have provided to us, and/or your inability to receive our notifications.
You understand and agree that you are alone responsible for your conduct while using the Website, and for all conduct under your Account. All Content of any kind that you create, transmit, store, or display in your Account, is your sole responsibility as the person who created the Account and assumed responsibility for it, under these Terms.
In addition, you agree not to:
- use the Website to harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of other users from the Website by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications;
- use the Website in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website;
- use automated scripts or other automated routines to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Website;
- upload any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- upload any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload any private information of any third party including, but not limited to, addresses, phone numbers, personal identification number or credit card numbers;
- upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- upload content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise violate any national or international law;
- upload content that, in the sole judgment of RIST, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website, or which may expose RIST or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- use or attempt to use another's account, service or system without authorization from RIST, or create a false identity on the Website;
- solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- intimidate or harass others;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or resell any part of the Website.
We are under no obligation to post, store or communicate any content from you or anyone else on the Website. We may, on our sole discretion, edit, remove or delete any content that you upload or submit.
You may close your Account at any time, without notice. We may suspend access to your account, or close your Account, with or without notice according to these Terms. Reasons We may suspend or remove your Account may include, but are not limited to: breach or violation of these Terms, an extended period of inactivity (determined at our discretion), the discontinuance or material modification of the Website, or unexpected or technical or security issues or problems.
- Your content
You retain copyright and any other rights you already held in your Content before you submitted, it on the Website. However, you agree to grant Us a limited license to perform the following actions:
- display and distribute your Content, and to modify it for technical purposes only, such as, for instance, to make sure the content is viewable on various devices, including phones or tablets, or that its formatting is coherent with the style and design of the Website;
- reproduce the Content to enable us to operate the Website;
You agree that the foregoing license you grant to RIST is royalty-free, irrevocable and worldwide, and it includes the right for RIST to make the Content available to, and pass these rights along to, others with whom RIST has contractual relationships related to the provision of and operation of the Website.
- Our rights
You acknowledge and agree that RIST owns all legal rights and titles to the Website including, but not limited to, all software comprising the Website. You agree that the rights to the Website, and the RIST generated or licensed content on the Website, including but not limited to the knowledgebase in the “TTO” section and all materials thereunder, may be protected by one or more copyrights, in addition to these Terms and any other Agreements you may have concluded with RIST.
We may modify, update, or remove features and components of the Website at any time, with or without notice. While we will make every effort to maintain a coherent, agreeable and efficient user experience, we admit no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage any changes might cause to the Content or to your Account. We also reserve the right to establish limits to the nature or size of storage available to you, the nature of, or your continued ability to access or distribute, your Content and other data, and impose other limitations at any time, with or without notice.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless RIST and its agents, managers, and other affiliated companies, and their employees, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from:
- your use of and access to the Website, including any data or work uploaded or submitted by you;
- your violation of any part of these Terms, including without limitation, your breach of any of the representations and warranties above;
- your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights or Intellectual Property Rights;
- your violation of any law, rule or regulation of the Romanian state or any other state;
- any claim or damages that arise as a result of any of your User Content or any that are submitted via your Account;
- or any other party’s access and use of the Service with your unique username, password or other appropriate security code.
If any of these Terms are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- No warranty
THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, RIST AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
RIST DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND RIST WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRDPARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- Limitation of liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL RIST, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THIS SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL RIST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RIST ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY; (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE; AND/OR (VII) USER CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL RIST, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO RIST HEREUNDER, IF ANY.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF RIST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.