Scooterson - electric, smart, urban
Scooterson is Internet of Things meets trendy urban transportation.
Based on one of the founders’ previous experience with building drones, they created an intuitive electric kick scooter managed through a predictive app that registers riding patterns and adjusts energy consumption. The light electrical vehicle is seamlessly adapted to today’s urban life and uses a combination of mobile technology and big data to enhance riders’ experience, maximise energy efficiency and safety. Scooterson has no acceleration lever or gear shifter – it simply understands how fast to go by analysing the rider’s body moves.
The product’s main features are:
- Intelligent – intuitive speed control, predictive routeing, energy efficient, auto-lock, adaptive lights;
- Connected – smartphone and smartwatch connected, sharing options, keyless contact;
- Ultralight – proprietary frame made from CNC-machined aerospace aluminium and Carbon/Kevlar reinforced polymer;
- Performant – 30 miles range, 16 mph max speed (limited), 3 hours charging time;
- No need for license or registration in most countries.
Scooterson was part of MVP Academy batch of 2016. Their attendance in the accelerator program helped them further build a strong team of advisors consisting of very high-profile professionals in the automotive industry.
Read more about them on their start-up.ro profile here.